Sunday 3 May 2015

So this is how it feels to be 40!

To be honest, I don't think I feel any different today than yesterday, but
maybe fortyness takes a while to kick in? Or maybe it's all just what you make of it!

I've done well for pressies with three boxes of choccies; a stash of my favourite LUSH hair products and the gorgeous Paperchase card pictured; a pretty aqua wrap; and cash which is always useful! Plus a generous Kiva card with which I have been able to make two loans: one to a shopkeeper in Timor-Leste and one to a brewer in Burkina Faso.

Huge thanks to everybody for their cards, gifts and messages :-)

We've been out for tea and cake this afternoon, at Purdy's Tea Room which is a cute little place nearby, and I'm now lounging in the sunshine with a book - so that's three of my favourite things all in the space of a few hours!

And, of course, I'm getting to spend my fortieth birthday year travelling to see many new places so, although we might not seem to have done anything particularly amazing today, this whole year is such a wonderful experience. I am feeling very lucky and happy right now!

Happy Birthday Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment