Tuesday 8 November 2016

I've crocheted cosy new hats and look at this flowers vest!

Sparkly green crocheted beanie hat 
This week in crochet has been all about hats and I now have five winter beanies listed in my Etsy shop for your delectation, the newest of which is this sparkly green number. The colour is perfect for the runup to Christmas and you could bring it out again for St Patrick's Day next year too! I have also made a two-tone grey striped beanie and and am particularly proud of the dark grey one with red trim and heart pictured below. If you're in the UK and want to buy any of my creations, please note that we will be off on our travels again in a couple of weeks time. I will therefore be posting items from France or Spain so they might take a few days longer to arrive. Post to anywhere else in the world shouldn't be noticeably different - except for France or Spain, of course, which could well be quicker than advertised!

Dark grey beanie with red heart 
Crocheted stars 
I've had only one Etsy order to share with you this week, another custom request which, this time, was for thirty-five little crocheted stars. They're on their way to Minneapolis right now! These stars used up the last of the sparkly sand-coloured cotton which I didn't expect to be so popular. I will try and find more when we get to Spain, but in the meantime I have forty white star card toppers / appliques listed and ten black-and-silver ones. I can make lots more of the black-and-silver.

Do you remember the custom order I had for crocheted flowers last month? Well my customer got in touch yesterday to show me photographs of the vest top she created with them. Isn't it beautiful?! The top itself is knitted and the crocheted flowers are stitched together into panels. I love seeing how my motifs are incorporated into other designs!

Crocheted flower vest top 
If you're a crafty soul who is thinking about opening their own Etsy shop, I can help reduce the potential cost for you! Clicking through This Link Here will get us both 40 free listings, a saving of 8 US dollars. Of course you'll still need to pay Etsy when your items sell, but at least the upfront costs are minimised!

And finally, don't forget to enter my Handmade Greeting Cards giveaway over on Literary Flits this week. It's open until midnight (UK time) on Wednesday 9th November and there's a pair of cards of the winner's choice on offer. Good luck!

Handmade Greetings Cards 

No comments:

Post a Comment