Monday, 1 May 2017

Advertiser Spotlight - May 2017

In a new monthly feature for 2017, I did away with the random Google ads which used to appear at the top of my blogs' sidebars and now offer that space for rent and to promote companies I love. Here's a bit about each of this month's quartet:

On Stephanie Jane


A green lifestyle has become increasingly important to Dave and I so I researched the various energy supply options open to us. There's a good comparison table on greenelectricity.org. We were excited to see how much renewable energy is created in Devon and I want to be a part of this, albeit in a small way. Hinkley and fracking are definitely Not In My Name.
I eventually settled on Ecotricity because they promise entirely green electricity and frack-free gas, they have a low rate of customer complaints, and their tariffs are both simple and reasonably priced. There's even an extra dual-fuel discount for taking both electricity and gas. I like Ecotricity's ethos and how profits are used to invent and refine new sustainable ways to create energy. Their new 'seamills' technology was invented by a Devonian engineer!
After nine months, we are still pleased with Ecotricity and I am happy to recommend them to everyone. If I have encouraged you to switch, I have an extra sweetener for you too! Make sure to quote my personal code RAF-I2W6Y by phone, email or via the Ecotricity website and we will then both receive a John Lewis or LUSH voucher when your sign-up is confirmed. Thank you!


Go Outdoors is easily my favourite retailer of outdoor and camping equipment and we use the website or pop instore several times a year to purchase clothing or caravan essentials. I have a Go Outdoors discount card which, for £5 a year, entitles me to their great discount prices, plus our Camping And Caravanning Club membership gets us another extra 10% off that! Last year we got our CCC membership fees back in Go Outdoors discounts!
I like the informative website which gives lots of product detail and often offers a greater choice than an individual store. Free UK home delivery is offered on spends of over £50 or you can Click And Collect to any one of over 50 stores nationwide with no minimum spend. It's reassuring to know we will always get the best price as well. Go Outdoors are so confident of this, they offer to beat any lower price by 10% - if we could find one!


On Literary Flits


Have you tried Biscuiteers biscuits yet? I was lucky enough to be sent one of their Birthday Tins and the biscuits inside were gorgeously iced - and delicious! Based in London, Biscuiteers create gift biscuit cards and tins for an incredibly wide range of themes - for exam success, weddings, driving tests, running, cricket, travel, ... with the election coming up, you might even want to send an Emmeline Pankhurst Gingerbread! The pictured Good Luck Pencil Case biscuits would be perfect for an author friend. I love the Beatrix Potter collection and the Mr Men and Little Miss biscuits are fun too.
Be sure to sign up for the Biscuiteers email newsletter before placing your first order as this will get you a £5 discount code for any of the biscuit tins. At the moment you can get 10% off the Best Selling Collections with the code BEST10 too (I'm not sure how long this is valid for).


Alibris UK: books, movies & music
I link to Alibris from book reviews of harder to find titles because of their extensive stock availability, especially of scholarly titles and nonfiction books. They also have music and movie listings too so try searching out hard-to-find movies, CDs or vintage vinyl records. A marketplace website rather than a retailer in their own right (and not owned by Amazon!), Alibris is one of the platforms I used to advertise stock when I ran my own bookshop. When shopping via Alibris you are more than likely to actually be buying from one of thousands of independent booksellers in the UK or across the world. It's a great way to support small businesses whether just around the corner or hundreds of miles away. You might even discover a local bookshop you didn't know was there!
Another site with a newsletter sign-up reward, Alibris offers a £3 voucher for signing up to their email newsletter before you place your first order. Scroll down to the bottom of their page to find it.


Do you want your event, book launch or business featured on my blogs? Four Advertiser Spotlight packages (including image placement, blog post and social media promotion) are available each month, two for Literary Flits and two for Stephanie Jane, all for a very reasonable price!
There's more details on this page. I am currently taking bookings for June and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment